Born in Miami, Florida
City of Miami Florida, Minnesota Vikings’ cornerback, Xavier Rhodes has sorcery speed on the field. A high school standout as both a wide receiver and defensive back, he fine tuned his speedy skills in the off season as a track star.
Keeping his talents in south Florida, Rhodes chose to attend Florida State University. In his career as a Seminole, Xavier was a starter for 38 of 43 games. Physical and tight coverage propelled Rhodes to the 25th pick in the 2013 draft. The struggling Vikings defense put their rookie straight to work and Rhodes succeeded. With 23 passes defensed his first year, he set the Vikings rookie record. Xavier’s shutdown defense only flourished from there, earning two trips to the Pro Bowl in 2016 and 2017. Showcasing the importance of Xavier’s coverage to the team, the Vikings signed him to a five-year $78.12 million contract extension in July of 2017.
- Xavier dreamed of playing wide receiver in college but Florida State Coach Jimbo Fisher had other plans for him. He was notably very upset when Coach Fisher made the switch.
- He was high school teammates with Steelers standout wide receiver, Antonio Brown
- Tag him in! Xavier Rhodes wanted to be a professional wrestler growing up!
- Florida fresh! A true Floridian, Xavier has to start his day with a glass of OJ!
- Just a simple meal for a simple guy! Steak and potatoes would be Xavier’s last meal.
REQUEST PRO SHOP
THIS PRO HAS NOT OPENED THEIR PRO SHOP YET