Travis Michael Kelce
Born in West Lake, Ohio
Travis Kelce, got his start on the gridiron by throwing, not catching touchdowns. Growing up in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, Travis was the quarterback of his high school team. As many professionals are at a young age, Travis excelled as a three sport athlete. Scouted by the major league’s in baseball, Travis was the top hitter in Ohio.
Keeping it in the family, Travis decided to join his older brother Jason, at the University of Cincinnati on a football scholarship. Playing both quarterback and tight end for the bearcats, by the end of his collegiate career, it was clear he had found his niche in the tight end position. In 2012 he was named the best collegiate tight end in the country. Under new head coach Andy Reid, who had previously coached Travis’ brother, Jason with the Eagles, the Chiefs selected Travis in the third round of the 2013 draft. Kelce has proven to be clutch in the end zone, both in his touchdown ability and dance moves. Almost 5,000 receiving yards and three Pro Bowl appearances later, Kelce continues to catch high NFL praises.
- Catching Kelce! Travis turned to reality TV to find love in his own dating show on E! Titled, “Catching Kelce”.
- Hometown kid! Travis had a signed picture of hall of fame tight end Ozzie Newsome hanging in his room as a kid.
- Growing up, Travis and his brother Jason named their backyard “the Kelce sports complex”
- Travis was kicked off the Cincinnati bearcats football team for a year for violating team rules. In that year, he shared a room with his brother and worked construction and telemarketer jobs to pay for school.
- One of Travis’ bedrooms is a third walk-in closet in his home
REQUEST PRO SHOP
THIS PRO HAS NOT OPENED THEIR PRO SHOP YET